Foster City, CA
The Live Services team is seeking a numbers-driven Analyst to help deliver epic content for players to continuously enjoy. You will work closely with studio partners and other analysts to derive meaningful insights and recommendations for developers. The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who wants to grow their analytics toolset in a fast-paced business environment, focused on delivering value to stakeholders, and has a passion for video games. Because you also understand gamers' mindset, you are reliably able to qualitatively deduce and draw quantitative conclusions from player behavioral data that directly influence game design, play balance, player retention and monetization. If this sounds like it may be the perfect role for you, it probably is!
• Closely work with various stakeholders to answer mission-critical questions by translating data into an analysis of metrics, new or existing dashboards, and data deep dives.
• Work with game developers to identify and track key performance metrics and benchmarks related to user behavior, user segmentation, user retention and monetization.
• Work closely with other members of live services team to optimize play balance, game economies, and to identify and close out exploits.
• Deliver presentations on analytic topics and results to both technical and non-technical audiences with an emphasis on clear data visualization.
• Collaborate with data scientists in predictive model development, deployment, and performance tracking and validation.
• Partner with central data science team using shared instrumentation and tools.
• Support and analyze post-launch content performance.
• BA/BS degree required with technical focus (e.g. computer science, physics, engineering).
• 4+ years of experience in a customer/client facing analytics role.
• 2+ years of experience in gaming industry.
• Strong technical skills with SQL and data analysis and visualization tools in R/Python.
• Skilled at being able to derive the narrative from the data and tell convincing stories.
• Team-oriented, ability to build long-lasting relationships effectively.
• MS or Ph.D. degree a plus.
• Gameplay analysis experience a plus, with a solid understanding of player engagement and monetization strategies in gaming.
• Worked in cross-functional teams a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.