Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Single-Player Level Designer, you will build groundbreaking level designs for our Single-player/Campaign team. We're looking for top talent with proven experience in level design on AAA titles.
Sledgehammer Games has developed numerous award-winning games, including Call of Duty: WWII, Advanced Warfare, and Modern Warfare 3. We have an innovative facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support outstanding game developers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Plan, build, and revise exciting layouts for gameplay.
• Design and own systems/mechanics from concept to completion.
• Create and iterate on the second-to-second experiences.
• Implement gameplay using proprietary level editor and scripting language.
• Research the game's subject matter.
• Collaborate with the Design, Art, and Engineering teams to build and refine gameplay mechanics, combat encounters, and cinematic sequences.
• Prioritize well and meet milestones, communicate progress with the Lead Level Designer clearly and frequently.
• Serious passion for Shooters, Console or PC.
• Demonstrable experience crafting gameplay in a 3D environment.
• Strong creative and technical design skills.
• Experience building believable spaces that cater to gameplay and narrative needs
• Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision.
• Experience in Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, or other first-person shooter level editors.
• 3+ years professional design experience.
• Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets project landmarks and balances multiple tasks.
• Experience with 3d art packages such as Maya or 3ds Max.
• Programming/scripting experience in C/C++, LUA, or other languages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65w7n-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.