Sledgehammer Games is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an Expert Platform Engineer, you will be a part of a world class game development team on a AAA title. Focusing closely on a specific platform, you will drive to improve the pipelines and runtime technology for the studio. You will collaborate with industry leading engineers to improve the engine on a major platform. Success is a ensuring the studio has a smooth development process on the platform, leading to shipping a AAA game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Ensure platform core engine systems are optimized to deliver the highest quality experience
• Develop platform specific memory and computation strategies
• Drive to satisfy platform TCRs by product Beta
• Design, write, debug and refine core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed
• Collaborate with other studios to further improve
• Identify, diagnose and resolve runtime and author time issues
• Communicate features and collaborate with engineering and content teams
• Participate in the design, performance and code review process
• Providing input with other engineering leads to develop high level goals and direction
• Motivate and manage a small team of fellow core engineers
• Building and organizing team backlogs, sprints and roadmaps
• Mentor more junior engineers and be an efficiency multiplier for the team
• Report to the Engineering Director
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math-related field
• 5+ years programming experience in game development
• Deep knowledge of a current gen shipping platform: Windows PC, Sony PlayStation 4 or Microsoft Xbox One
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds
• Exposure to next generation Sony or Microsoft platforms
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on modern game consoles
• Contributed extensively to the development of at least three shipped console games
• Experience managing engineers
• Closely collaborated with offsite engineers on a large project
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re84n8-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.