Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
We are looking for a top-tier Prop Artist to join our studio. We desire someone who has honed their craft to a razor-sharp edge and is dedicated to high quality production values. The ideal candidate will also be a dedicated team player and be flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Model and texture realistic, modular, hard- surface and organic set pieces and props for a diverse set of environments.
• Create realistic next gen textures and materials for use on architecture and terrain.
Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept during the art creation process.
• Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Director and Environment Lead.
• Take direction from the Art Director and work with the Environment Lead and designers in achieving the overall vision for the game art.
• Experience creating photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials on next gen console platforms.
• Ability to show examples of top notch props and textures made for next gen console games.
• Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
• Master level experience creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts inside Autodesk Maya.
• Master level experience using Adobe Photoshop to create photorealistic textures for next gen materials based on concepts and/or photo reference.
• Deep understanding of next gen materials and shaders and is able to achieve the desired surface qualities needed across a variety of environment assets.
• Skilled at balancing art quality and performance in the game engine.
• A passion for making great games
• Passion for gaming
Extra Points :
• Organic modeling and texturing experience in Zbrush
• Experience with Radiant, Unreal, or a similar level building package
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8bjj-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.