Senior Level Designer
Guildford, United Kingdom
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our G developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Development Director you will drive to quality targets and own schedules for your teams. This is achieved by working closely with various departments to identify needs, utilizing resources efficiently and appropriately. The role of Development Director requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally managing to pro-active planning. Development Director candidates must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment and be adept at driving quality in line with team, schedule, and budget.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead teams during development to establish needs, allocate resources, and then maintain contact throughout project to ensure that those aspects of development are progressing appropriately for a high priority AAA title.
• Develop and implement a method for effectively tracking project status for their teams.
• Be an active participant in reviews, with particular regard to schedule / milestones.
• When required, act as liaison between internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth and effective communication.
• Personally manage their teams leads, conduct 1:1 meetings and partner with them to grow their teams' performance and capabilities.
• Multiple shipped titles in leadership positions.
• Experience with direct people management.
• Strong project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning.
• Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
• Education, certification in project management, business, general management.
• Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially FPS games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wjqv-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.