Associate Gameplay Engineer
Foster City, CA
Dev Support Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
As a Dev Support Engineer you will be empowering our development teams to deliver a world class gaming experience. You will be responsible for assisting our developers with issues they encounter when working with tools and technology. In some cases, you can directly solve problems, and in others you can connect the right developers to resolve issues. By surveying our continuous integration tools, you can prevent or minimize downtime by making developers aware of new breakages.
You will identify areas where improvements can be made and promote changes to make development more efficient. You will be on the front lines of ensuring our studio is operating and functioning at its peak capacity!
Qualified candidates need to be agile and self-starters. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talents in the world.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Assist developers with issues they encounter while performing their work
• Diagnose issues users run into, identify the underlying issues for developers and provide solutions
• Escalate issues up to the appropriate engineering team if out of scope
• Monitor our continuous integration and chase down breakages
• Suggest ways and implement solutions to improve our efficiency, such as updating error messages for better clarify
• Create and maintain documentations on tools and processes
• Develop tools to automate repetitive tasks & solve frequent issues
• Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
• Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
• Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++, Python, and C#
• Experience with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
• Experience with task tracking software (JIRA, Hansoft, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-driven individual with ability to work independently with little supervision
• Growth oriented and desire to keep improving
• Able to multitask and take on multiple assignments at the same time
• Passion for games
• Experience working with game development teams, have a deep understanding of all aspects of the content creation pipeline
• Project management skills
• Technical Art, Technical Design, or Computer Science background
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.