Expert VFX Artist
Foster City, CA
Character Artist, Heads - Sledgehammer Games
• Create stunning high-quality heads and hair, for use in the game, towards research and development, and to establish benchmark quality.
• Manage numerous assets and prioritize tasks.
• Model, sculpt, and texture high quality and realistic digital human faces
• Work with scans and other high-quality data to assist in making your work as realistic as possible.
• Using your natural talents as an artist to bring personality and mood to our characters.
• Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
• Opportunity to learn and contribute toward facial blend shape rigs
• Follow schedules and meet deadlines.
• Thorough working knowledge of Maya.
• Promote a positive work environment through high personal and performance standards.
• Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position.
• 1+ Years of directly related experience in gaming.
• Solid experience, knowledge, and ability in modeling, sculpting, UVing, baking, and surfacing pertaining to realistic human anatomy, facial muscle structure, and hair authoring techniques
• High level of proficiency using Maya to create detailed characters to scale and accuracy.
• Proven ability to create detailed Zbrush or Mudbox models.
• Candidate must have experience using Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter, or Mari to create hyper realistic textures for next gen materials.
• Good eye for detail, proportion, likeness, and anatomy
• Candidate must be proactive and work well in a large team environment and have excellent communication skills.
• Properly estimate time to complete work, manages competing priorities and builds in buffers.
• Verify art asset performance and appearance in the game engine.
• Experience working with face rigs and facial blend shape rigs
• Strong, experienced, production knowledge working with scanned model data, scanned expressions for blend shapes, and light stage data and the pipelines associated with those for high quality performance capturing.
• Performed similar role on at least 1 published game title.
• Knowledge and understanding of Facial Action Coding System
• Experience in making characters for Feature Film and VFX.
• Experienced in 3D character concepts and development process.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.