Associate Environment Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Associate Environment Artist (Temporary) – Sledgehammer Games
As an Associate Environment Artist, you will build and texture awe inspiring environments. If you have a passion for creating game art, please apply online.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
Sledgehammer Games has a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Creates believable, photo-realistic 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3D environments.
• Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
• Communicates effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
• 1+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D art assets and levels for AAA games.
• Ability to create realistic 3D props, environments and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Ability to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Understanding of lighting, color and scene composition.
• Basic understanding of physically based shaders.
• Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
• Proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
• Self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software.
• Passionate about games; take pride in everything you do and have a positive attitude.
• Experience with a level editor (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
• Foundation in traditional art with ability of concepting ideas.
• Familiarity with Substance Designer
• Familiarity with Zbrush
• Exceptional visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
• Architecture, photography, photogrammetry or cinematography experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.