Full Time Job
Human Resources Coordinator
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to provide direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources, for several locations. The HR Coordinator will assist and advise employees and management on various matters and work closely with other HR team members on specific initiatives. This position will operate from our tv station located in Macon, GA.
While no day will be exactly the same, you will be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
• Collaborate in a team-based environment, providing excellent, friendly, and responsive HR customer service to employees and managers.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, work, and culture.
• Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO.
• Assist with a review of a bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff.
• Interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• Function as a liaison between managers and Regional HR Manager on employee relations matters, including disciplinary matters, complaints, and investigations.
• Coordinate onboarding and offboarding exiting processes, including presenting and gathering information.
• Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in recruiting system, prepare offer letters, initiate background screening, etc. Ensure compliance with applicable regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring.
• Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company benefit plans, assist in the annual Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed.
• Administer leave of absence cases according to company policy, benefits and state and local laws.
• Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications.
• Maintain electronic HR records, including personnel records.
• Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities.
• Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
• Occasional overnight travel.
• Onsite Requirement
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or related program of study
• Minimum of two years of HR experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal, communication and multi-tasking skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4eom-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.