Full Time Job
Human Resources Coordinator
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWhile no day will be exactly the same, you'll be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
• Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture.
• Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADEA, and EEO.
• Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff.
• Interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Act as a liaison between managers and Regional HR Manager on employee relations matters, including disciplinary matters, complaints, and investigations.
• Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems.
• Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, process offer letters, initiate background screening, etc. Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring.
• Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed.
• Administer leaves of absence according to company policy, and federal, state and local laws, including FMLA.
• Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications.
• Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees.
• Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities.
• Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in HR or related program of study.
• Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations.
• A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties.
• Organization and time management skills with expert attention to detail.
• Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
• Previous experience with a cloud-based HRIS, Oracle HCM preferred.
• Comfortable working in an office.
• Professional experience in television broadcasting a plus!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyo82-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.