ABC/FOX/CW is looking for a strong General Sales Manager to guide our sales efforts in the Springfield-Champaign-Decatur, IL DMA. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can oversee and direct a local sales team in exceeding revenue goals through selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment, and developmental skills.
In this position you will:
• Develop a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions.
• Develop sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals.
• Achieve client results, satisfaction and retention.
• Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, OSI, SELL, Cognos and others as determined by the General Manager.
• Achieve strong performance of Local, Regional and National accounts.
• Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 3-5 years' experience in TV sales management
• Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
• Ability to meet revenue budgets via digital interactive and other approaches
• Strong and positive leadership skills
• Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI is preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Exceeding revenue goals
• Forecasting, Inventory Control and Pricing
• Sales Promotion
• Development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning
• Excellent inventory management is essential
• Knowledge of Nielsen and Comscore ratings services, and familiarity with OSI a plus!
We offer an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, three weeks of vacation for new hires, incentive bonus plan, EAP and much more!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpqyve-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.