The Special Markets team is seeking a Sales Coordinator providing support to the Director and Assistant Manager of Specialty Gift Sales and our commission sales reps. The coordinator's tasks include general administrative and customer service assistance for wholly owned and distribution clients answering any product questions, track orders, execute new account paperwork and create marketing/sales materials for sales reps. Process and track special orders, working closely with various departments. Collaborating with the Director and Assistant Manager on special projects, multi-city tradeshow preparation and execution, new account outreach to prospective customers, and running commission reports. The sales coordinator will coordinate and manage samples to our regional showrooms' reps and accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the special sales territory and learn the sales patterns of this highly competitive and growing marketplace.
This position reports directly to the Director of Gift Sales.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Assist with customer inquiries and providing support to resolve customer concerns when needed.
• Develop and create and update our seasonal themed sell sheets, title lists and digital catalogs.
• Liaison with various internal departments such customer service, credit, work order team and more.
• Update regularly our rep database information and facilitating author event coordination.
• Liaison with our sales operations team and various online platforms the commission reps use by maintaining up to date title files and cover image uploads.
• Process special work orders for key accounts while closely working with the warehouse team to ensure on-time delivery to key accounts and communicating directly with accounts.
• Run monthly commission reports and work on outstanding open orders and recodes.
• Complete item spec sheets for major key accounts such as Cracker Barrel, Hallmark, Fuego, Francesca's etc.
• Maintaining departmental pending order tracking grid.
• Support managers in preparing gift reps for seasonal title presentations and physical catalog mailings.
• Travel is required and candidate must represent Simon & Schuster at regional gifts shows located throughout the US in the winter and summer months.
• The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and serve as a liaison between various departments.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, organizational and follow up skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and proactively solve problems.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
The annual salary for this position is $54,000.00 - $54,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gky0jq-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.