In the ViacomCBS Internship Program, interns will be working in a vibrant and inclusive environment alongside employees from different backgrounds. Through our in-depth offerings, interns gain exposure across our business while making significant connections for their future and accessing exciting career opportunities. In addition to hands-on experience our programs include networking, mentorship, resume workshops, speaker sessions, career development, visibility to top industry executives, and much more.
Welcome to Simon & Schuster Australia, part of the CBS Corporation, one of Australia's fastest growing publishers bringing an extensive range of locally published and international books to readers across Australia and New Zealand.
We now have a rare opportunity in our Sydney office for a keen and motivated Sales Coordinator.
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for the sales team (National Accounts, Field Sales Team,) in Australia and NZ.
You'll be doing things like this:
• First level support & customer service for clients and any new sales enquiries
• Preparing monthly sales reports
• Supporting the Sales Director in administrative and sales related duties as assigned
• Creation and preparation of sales materials & presentations
• Maintaining account master files and sales tracking documents
• Liaising with product team and publishing services team as necessary
• Coordinating, tracking and managing stock for Author events, festivals and adhoc requests
• Backing up field sales team with tele sales when required
• Coordinating the company conference and other events throughout the year
• Managing Ebook submissions and POS distribution
This is what you'll bring with you:
• Experience in a similar office-based sales and/or administration role
• A customer-focused, sales orientated approach to meeting client expectations
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Detail oriented, organised, flexible, timely and accurate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high performing team environment
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt and meet deadlines, and ability to stay calm under pressure
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Genuine willingness to learn and help the team
• A passion for books and reading, and a desire to develop a career within the publishing industry
Extra brownie points for:
• Previous publishing experience would be great, but not essential
Who we are:
• We are a global leader with offices in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, India and Australia, employing approximately 1400 staff worldwide.
• In Australia, we publish both local and international books that make an impact on the bestseller lists and our cultural landscape. We are dedicated to bringing an extensive range of titles for adults and children, in all genres and all formats, into the hands of readers.
• Our passion, agility and commitment to our authors and books made us the fastest growing publisher last year and we have continued plans for growth in the future.
• We are an equal opportunity employer offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries, additional superannuation, a large suite of benefits including paid parental leave, financial planning and superannuation advice, income protection and life insurance and a range of wellbeing programs. We offer a non-corporate, inclusive, friendly and collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
• We believe storytelling has the power to change Australian culture and value diversity and inclusion, both in the books that we publish and the people we hire to help us make this happen. We encourage candidates from all different backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. If you feel you have the required aptitude and experience and you're inspired to work on a diverse and growing list as part of a dynamic and friendly team, please submit your CV with a cover letter here.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1b0n-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.