Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon Element, a new practical nonfiction imprint at Simon & Schuster, is searching for a Marketing Assistant to join their team. Founded in 2021, Simon Element publishes books addressing topics that are foundational to how we live-from the meals we eat to the relationships we nurture, the households we manage, and the goals we set and strive to achieve. This is an exciting time to join Simon Element as they launch their inaugural list in Spring 2022. The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Associate Marketing Director and Marketing Manager on creative marketing campaigns and provide general administrative support. This is a collaborative and engaging team that will build new marketing initiatives and explore industry-leading strategies.
This is an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in book marketing and to learn about the publishing industry as a whole, all while working for a growing imprint. Simon Element is looking to welcome a new team member who has a passion for reading nonfiction books that help improve lives and enjoys connecting with other readers. If you love Booktok, testing out new recipes, and are desperately trying to not kill your houseplants, please apply!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing general administrative support, including warehouse orders, database and records management, uploading digital galley files to Edelweiss and NetGalley, executing marketing mailings, maintaining imprint Goodreads account, and more
• Preparing materials for marketing and sales meetings and taking all departmental notes
• Liaising between the Marketing team and the Ad/Promo department to keep track of department projects and design requests, writing copy for digital ads and promotions and taking photos
• Assisting Marketing Manager and Associate Director with title campaigns, with opportunities for increased responsibility and ownership of 1-2 campaigns per season
• Researching influencer and brand partnerships for title and social media campaigns; assisting Marketing Manager and Associate Director in building out an influencer program
• Collaborating with the marketing team to create content for social media across Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter; opportunity to own management of social media platform(s)
• Strong understanding of social media platforms, particularly TikTok and Instagram; active on social media and familiar with book influencers and communities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, necessary for emailing with authors, creating marketing materials and developing digital copy and social media messaging
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to meet and manage deadlines
• Self-motivated with the ability to think critically and to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team; comfort with Zoom and remote work; comfort with speaking in meetings and learning hands on
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Applications
• Knowledge of Airtable, Photoshop, and Canva a plus
• Genuine interest in book marketing and publishing – with interest in wellness, culinary, self-help and mind, body, spirit categories a plus
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p06j-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.