Distribution Product Manager
West Hollywood, CA
The Supervisor, Program Distribution Global Streaming provides technical and operational support for the Program Operations & Distribution department at Showtime with a focus in worldwide streaming and other digital entertainment platforms.
This position reports to the Director of Program Distribution, with some guidance from the VP of Program Distribution.
The Supervisor will work on project managing physical and digital delivery of Showtime content to major media streaming platforms worldwide, including Paramount+, PlutoTV, Peacock, Joint Ventures, and more. This position will be required to maintain proven delivery workflows enabling partners to launch content day/date/time with Showtime premieres. Supervise complex projects and workflows for digital distribution, and act as an additional point of contact for the digital distribution relationships, both externally and internally.
The Supervisor role will work with external vendors managing the trafficking of materials from ingestion to transcode to delivery and archive, as well as ensuring additional ancillary assets are provided to clients based on specifications and requirements. This person will also be responsible for trouble-shooting QC errors, communicating both delivery ETA's or content delays to clients, creating and managing various asset trackers and reporting.
The candidate must have strong knowledge of audio and video formats (both physical and digital), audio and video codecs, resolutions, frame rates, and video standards, as well as strong knowledge of descriptive and operational metadata schemas, and technical post-production and operations workflows.
• Handle day-to-day digital distribution operations functions to worldwide streaming platforms, joint ventures and digital entertainment platforms by working closely with clients, vendors, monitoring digital file deliveries in various formats and languages, fielding rejections and redelivery requests for Showtime content. This includes providing daily support to outside vendors on digitizing and encoding workflows, requesting redelivery of files when needed, communicate any challenges and risks to management related to content delivery delays, communicate delivery ETAs to partners, etc.
• Distribution lead on new territory launches for Paramount + which can average 6-8 month lead times for each new territory.
• Point person in ordering the creation of digital assets such as English audio/video files, foreign language audio, subtitles, metadata translations, etc.
• Handle additional delivery elements, such as timecode in/out points for ad inserts, preview timecodes and proxy transcodes for subtitling/dubbing creation.
• Liaise with ViacomCBS International Operations team on Showtime asset-sharing and other cross-functional operations related to digital platform distribution, such as accessing foreign language assets.
• Work closely with departmental metadata manager providing streaming platform metadata schemas and ensuring they are delivered out to partners in a timely manner and update trackers as necessary.
• Work closely with internal post-production incoming delivery team to confirm all final physical and digital assets have been received and are viable, guaranteeing proper file delivery and destination for Showtime, ViacomCBS, vendors, and streaming partners.
• Maintain and update internal and partner delivery trackers and other various spreadsheets, as well as archive other relevant documentation.
• Usher through newly created assets back to the Showtime Digital Asset Management team for input into the overall department database. Help the DAM team in uploading and organizing assets to/from network to specific folders/locations in preparation for ingestion in to and out of database.
• Support managers on one-off ad-hoc projects as needed.
• College degree required
• 3+ years' experience in post-production, technical operations, and/or digital media distribution
• Superior understanding of video formats, standards, encoding, transcoding and delivery
• Experience working with content/digital asset management systems to research titles, rights, and related digital assets including digital distribution metadata and artwork
• Experience with media processing tools and asset management systems
• Understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
• Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management
• Confident and articulate in technical conversations
• Must be extremely detail oriented and highly organized
• Excellent proofreading, writing and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.