New York, NY
Freelance Production Assistant, Digital Production
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Digital Production Assistant. This individual will support the Digital Production team in in the creation and maintenance of interactive web and app products and services. Applicants should be creative thinkers, who are self-driven.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Support the development and maintenance of our domestic and international sites: Sesamestreet.org, pbskids.org/sesame, ss4mf.org, and autism.sesame.org as well as other web properties and mobile apps around the world.
• Support producers in the creation of interactive content for kids, parents and educators
• Proofread, aid in metadata collection, review content and curate assets, support Quality Assurance testing
• Gather, review, create, repurpose and traffic content assets to other team members
• Schedule meetings, take notes, communicate effectively with the team and to internal stakeholders
• Transcode and proof video edits, record and/or edit placeholder dialogue, basic digital image editing (resizing, etc.)
• Communicate and collaborate with external vendors/game developers and internal Engineering team
• Manage delivery of games or apps via project tracking systems such JIRA; maintain and meet tight deadlines for daily deliverables. Research and stay abreast of our competitive landscape on digital platforms
• Utilize Google Analytics to present monthly reports for multiple properties as needed.
• Contribute to creative content brainstorms and design meetings
• 1-2 years of professional relevant experience: digital media content production or publishing and development experience (with exposure to interactive media and/or non-profits preferred)
• Familiarity with: content management tools (Wordpress, Drupal), HTML/CSS, Photoshop, Final Cut, Audacity, Google Docs, Google Analytics
• An interest in children's media and experience with games and videos is strongly suggested
• Applicants should have excellent reading and writing skills and be detail-oriented.
• Bilingual Spanish / Verbal and/or written helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8woz-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.