The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop is seeking a Department Coordinator to provide ongoing project-based and administrative support to Center staff. This role will report to the Executive Director. They will support the daily operations of the Center, projects, and other activities including fundraising, communications, and events. The ideal candidate will be familiar with contract management and compliance and with using databases, and will be highly organized, skilled with workplace technology, and passionate about our mission.
• Administrative duties such as paper and electronic filing, scheduling meetings, calendar management, document routing (including electronic documents), scanning, note-taking, expense report preparation, ordering and stocking office supplies, business gifts, and handling mail
• Supporting meeting logistics including in person and online events, Zoom management, ordering food as needed, supporting the creation of briefing documents, presentation decks, note-taking, in-person and virtual venue set-up, and any related contracts and invoicing
• Supporting the Executive Director in liaising with core departments such as HR, legal, finance, and IT
• Maintaining business operations and logistics including entering and tracking contract requests to ensure timely completion
• Managing logistics for the board of directors, including scheduling, materials, and meeting minutes
• Coordinating internal activities and events including meetings, presentations, and culture-building activities
• Supporting project activities by working with project leads on meeting coordination, grant tracking, vendor and consultant payment schedules, and budget coordination
• Ensuring the team is on task with responsibilities related to organizational goals and initiatives
• Supporting new hire onboarding and other logistics as needed
• Managing software subscriptions and services
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years experience in a non-profit, education or fundraising environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications
• Proficient in Salesforce CRM or similar database management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Named after Sesame Workshop's Co-founder, the Joan Ganz Cooney Center is an independent research and innovation lab that focuses on the challenges of educating children in a rapidly changing media landscape. We conduct original research on emerging education technologies and collaborate with educators and media producers to put this research into action. We're a small, tightly-knit team that embraces creativity as a core value. We look at every opportunity as a chance to build the organization we want to work for, and we invite you to join us.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z129-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.