- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe E.W. Scripps Company is a premier media organization headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Sales Support Assistant to join our Sales team at WTKR in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Sales Support Assistant III works under the direction of the Sales Manager to support the Growth & Retention Account Managers or Acquisition Account Executives on all activities related to the Acquisition and Retention and Growth process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Facilitate & process sales presentations.
• Assist in generating sales reports.
• Work as an active and involved member of the team performing any task needed to support the retention and growth of advertising accounts and prospects. This includes but is not limited to customer calls, taking corrections and information from advertisers and setting appointments as needed.
• Provide overall sales support to assigned team to include but not limited to:
• Calculate and have the ability to communicate rate packages to client and prospects.
• With support from sales staff and managers identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
• Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same month as dispute identified.
• Communicate and work as a team player both internally and externally.
• Attend sales training and planning meetings as needed.
• Assist in researching problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the property and the customer needs.
• Assists Sales manager on all special project details including but not limited to production schedule, rate authorization and non-ad department communication.
• Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, creating correspondence and calculating rates to quote to customers when they call.
• Arranges and distributes various advertising materials and sales reports to the proper areas in a timely manner.
• Provide exemplary customer assistance.
• Attend and participate in training and planning sessions.
• Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 0-2 years' experience in a related field.
• Some college preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Strong customer service skills.
• The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information and creative layouts.
• Must have the ability to generate reports and business correspondence.
• Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
• Must have the ability to calculate figures related to the advertising rate packages.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint )
• Must have the ability to learn new software programs such as ad order entry and customer relations management software.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Keyboarding skills.
WHAT WE'LL OFFER:
• Professional development opportunities
• Full benefits; medical, dental, and vision
• Retirement savings plan with company match
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5nqwe-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.