Scripps Networks is currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Sales Support Assistant to join the sales team in their day-to-day activities in our New York office.
What You'll Do:
• Contacts clients as needed regarding ad materials, pricing, billing or special upsell opportunities.
• May input ads into the ad order system.
• Assists in collecting and composing ad copy, maintaining account base, and ensuring high customer service.
• Works closely with order entry, traffic and layout as needed to ensure clients advertising schedules are met.
• Calculate and have the ability to communicate rate packages to client and prospects.
• Assists Sales manager on all special project details including but not limited to production schedule, rate authorization and communication.
• Facilitate & process sales presentations.
• Generate sales reports.
• Identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
• Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same month as dispute identified.
• Attend sales training and planning meetings.
• Research problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the property and the customer needs.
• Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, creating correspondence, and calculating rates to quote to customers when they call.
• Arranges and distributes various advertising materials and sales reports to the proper areas in a timely manner.
• Provide exemplary customer assistance.
• Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 - 5 years' experience in administrative or sales support or a related field.
What You'll Bring:
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information and creative layouts.
• Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
• Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures related to the advertising rate packages.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook.)
• Must have the ability to learn new software programs such as ad order entry and customer relations management software.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Communicate and work as a team player both internally and externally.
Hourly Rate: $25.50 – $26.00
Pursuant to state and local salary transparency laws, the hourly rate posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in New York.
Hourly: $25.50 - 26.00
Pursuant to state and local salary transparency laws, the salary range posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in New York.
WHAT WE OFFER (Additional Benefits):
• Extensive Scripps Sales Process training
• Uncapped sales commission
• Monthly allowance for mileage and cell phone
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14k0e-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.