Production Assistant, Scripps News (Part-Time)
Scripps News is seeking a part time Production Assistant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for assisting with daily studio and field production.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Assist with technical operations in the studio including operating teleprompter.
• Assist and manage floor and studio production setup
• Assist with studio camera operations
• Assist with operating on-screen and studio graphics as needed
• Work with studio directors to minimize last minute complications
• Prepare camera equipment for air, route external outputs as required and anticipate control room needs.
• Perform additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
• 2 years previous newsroom experience preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, storytelling abilities and news judgment.
• Possess strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment capabilities.
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• Ability to execute time sensitive decisions
• Willing to work varied shifts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p5b7-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.