Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Live Services Manager
Santa Monica Studios (Playa Vista, CA)
We are seeking a hardworking, driven Lives Services Manager that will help design and execute processes that result in the delivery of live services games with content plans. This person will collaborate across multiple teams as a critical driver in ensuring consistent delivery and, as a result, the best possible player experience. You will drive various initiatives and look for opportunities for process and organizational improvements that increase the efficiency and quality of game live service executions. Reporting to the Senior Director of External Development (XDEV), this person actively partners with global business units regarding live service products, evangelizing offerings.
• Lead the coordination of live service product strategy and optimization plans in order to drive growth and user engagement, deliver on commercial targets and ensure continuous delivery against product goals.
• Educate partners on live service core competencies, requirements, and best practices.
• Work in support of Managing Producers to coordinate, track, and guide activities of both internal and external development resources; advocate for features that improve the player experience!
• Coordinate with Brand, Customer Support, and Production teams to bridge product development and publishing so that live service knowledge is shared and supported.
• Collaborate closely with global partners to understand dependencies, support coordination, and manage expectations.
• Work with the Analytics and Consumer Insights teams to provide reporting and data-informed insight to ensure we are identifying the right things that enhance the player experience.
• Assist Managing Producers with solving higher level, sophisticated project management and production issues relating to live service execution.
• Gain and maintain solid understanding of market trends, customer insights, emerging/ground-breaking technologies, and advancement in digital, social, mobile executions across all markets.
• Responsible for contributing to all phases of the production and development process for multiple XDEV products, guiding teams to a successful launch of product.
• Analyze and anticipate project risk and drive mitigation strategies that help remove barriers to timely and cost-effective project completion.
• Create and maintain project documentation in order to facilitate global projects and ensure successful completion and communication.
• Participate in planning marketing, promotion and public relations strategies for products and give input or assist when vital in the development of marketing and assets/materials to promote the product.
• At least 4 years of experience shipping successful projects in AAA games with live video game content and 7+ years of project management, product development or related experience
• Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year university or equivalent work experience
• Comfortable communicating and sharing information across an array of technical expertise to all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the the ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints
• Prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; able to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively
• Excellent negotiation skills handling sophisticated situations and recommending solutions
• Must be proactive self-starter but also a team player willing to take direction
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and project management skills; ability to listen to and understand various viewpoints and help guide diverse global workgroups to common solutions
• Standard methodology process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills are key
• Able to communicate complex technology solutions in an easy-to-understand way to non-technical partners
• Naturally insightful and able to grasp the nuances of problems and immediately create solutions, determining the best approach to keep projects moving forward
• Bias towards data-informed decision-making
• Proven experience managing schedules and influencing others to achieve desired results
• Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing games
• Fluency in Japanese
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.