Sr Rendering Programmer
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Sr Rendering Programmer (Contract - Remote Okay!)
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You're into tech, really all tech, but graphics and low-level stuff are your bread and butter. Optimizations? Definitely, both CPU and GPU. Graphics systems? Of course, whatever the artists need to make the highest quality visuals. And part of you thinks like they do, which is great, since you will be collaborating with them. You're hard-working and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
• Design and implement state-of-the-art systems and tools for engine, rendering, and technology needs, in areas such as the use of the PlayStation's low-level APIs, implementing new global illumination systems, and crafting new visual effects
• Collaborate with designers and artists to leverage these systems and tools to bring the collective vision to life
• Profile, optimize, and remove bottlenecks
• Provide runtime engine and project-specific support
• Mentor less-experienced team members
When you join us, we commit to…
• Setting you up for success by teaming you with both a lead and a mentor so you can learn the ropes (and code base) and grow as a craft expert
• Encouraging your health and well-being through wellness programs, exercise facilities at the studio (gym, volleyball, biking, yoga), and access to healthy snacks and beverages when we return to working onsite
• Respecting and valuing your views and contributions, recognizing your talents, and always seeking to maximize the unique contribution that you bring to our titles
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Five years of professional programming experience, including one shipped game title
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.