Senior Animation Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are seeking an experienced Animation Programmer for the development of a new unannounced title!
If you love writing code while collaborating with the designers and animators to bring characters and environments to life, come join our team! The ideal candidate understands animation, champions the gameplay experience, and has the technical knowledge to make those ideas a reality.
• Design, implement, and maintain core animation systems
• Collaborate with other engineers, animators, and technical animators to improve animation technology in the run-time, workflows, pipelines, and tools
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
• Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
• Test and document code produced
• Support other tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements
• Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
• Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Minimum five years professional programming experience
• Expertise in C and C++
• Animation experience that includes state machines, blending, IK systems, low-level systems and compression
• An eye for detail and appreciation of the craft of making smooth, responsive game animation
• Motion matching experience desirable
• Knowledge of animation workflows and rigging systems a plus
• Strong programming fundamentals with solid code architecture skills
• Proficient in linear algebra
• Enthusiasm and initiative
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zp68-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.