QA Tools Specialist (Contract)
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
The QA Tools Specialist is responsible for performing all relevant aspects of build/content authoring pipeline and related tools testing as well as providing primary support to ensure all critical issues impacting the build pipeline are actioned appropriately for their assigned projects. The position will also assist in build pipeline related issue management, reporting and day to day operational communication for their assigned projects. They will also have primary ownership over providing direct developer crash support, as well as supporting QA automation testing and QA Tools development services. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated resource to assist in ensuring a stable build delivery process to the development team, as well as effective and efficient tool utilization related to the build/content authoring pipeline and all QA related software. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable and mature demeanor.
• Primary ownership in testing build/content authoring pipeline, providing crash, automation and QA Tools development support services.
• Primary ownership in developing build/content authoring pipeline test plans and test beds, as well as incorporating them into the software development life cycle testing process.
• Primary ownership in monitoring, identifying, investigating, diagnosing, reporting, resolving and collaborating on build/content authoring pipeline and project development related errors/issues.
• Primary ownership in build/content authoring support requests and providing training and support documentation to allow staff to diagnose and resolve their own issues.
• Assist in supporting diagnosing errors and breakdowns in build/content authoring pipeline and providing relevant technical support as needed to development team.
• Assist in collaborating work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help drive project to completion.
• Assist in researching, creating, implementing, testing, training and reporting on new tool features and deployment content pipelines.
• Configure, compile, refine and maintain QA Tools reporting
• Configure, maintain and advance all QA Tools team documentation and training.
• Research, support, compile and troubleshoot development software tools.
• Plan, evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to test and support the expanding QA software tools user-base.
• Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use QA software tools and associated tools
• Perform a variety of QA software tools related administrative support requests for internal development team.
• Actively develop and improve QA software tools skill set by keeping aware of QA industry trends, tools and techniques.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA Tools test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
• Provide operational QA Sr Analyst role redundancy for assigned project(s) as needed.
• Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
• BS Computer Science or Programming related field
• Responsible, strong work ethic, self-motivated and pro-active.
• Proficient in test case design and traditional QA/QC methods.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Jenkins and Testmonkey.
• Demonstrated knowledge of role applicable aspects of programming and scripting languages.
• Experience with administering JIRA/Confluence projects
• Familiarity with databases and SQL competence
• Experience in a customer facing support role
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent critical analysis and problem-solving skills
• Excellent gameplay skills and multi-genre experience
• Passion for video games
• Successful completion, certification and application of ISQTB® Foundation Level CTAL or equivalent.
• Experience with advanced testing and automation methods
• Experience with Maya, Jenkins, Perforce and other common software development tools
• Experience porting other ticketing system's existing databases into JIRA
• Experience with APIs and tool integration
• Experience authoring wiki content for technical and non-technical audience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roobv2-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.