Sr Engine / Pipeline Programmer
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Managing a team of programmers, partnering with Technical Directors and engineering Leads, collaborating with other managers, hiring, firing, mentoring, performances reviews, keeping everyone on the career trajectory they want to be on – that's the job. Have you got the coding experience? Have you got the people management chops? Are you up for it? If so, give us a shout!
• Develop an interpersonal relationship with the programmers and/or technical artists; know their personalities, strengths, and weaknesses
• Manage a team of leads and individual contributors, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development advice
• Write and deliver regular performance appraisals
• Counsel as needed (including PIPs and other corrective / disciplinary actions)
• Work with the other managers to refine, communicate, and administer standards and processes for evaluating performance
• Support the other managers, leads, directors, and recruiting team in identifying, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring talent
• Facilitate communication and feedback between engineers and engineering leads
• Present, communicate, and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
• Seek collaborative resolution to both intra and inter team conflicts
• Contribute to a positive work environment
• B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Minimum five years programming experience
• Minimum one game development cycle managing, coaching, and mentoring technical developers
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
• Experience with staffing and team building
• Knowledge of various project management methodologies and practices
• Project scheduling experience
• Good cross-disciplinary communication
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
• Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.