Los Angeles, CA
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are seeking a Lead Writer. If you love collaborating with talented developers to create genre defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey.
The ideal candidate has a mastery of storytelling, and deeply understands the marriage between gameplay and narrative. This individual will be responsible for crafting powerful storylines, strong character arcs, and compelling dialogue, while maintaining an equal focus on building and developing the writing team.
• Partner with the project directors to oversee and contribute to the creation of the story and writing of the game's narrative elements to ensure it meets their intended vision. This includes writing and reviewing pitches, scripts, character bios, and world lore.
• Lead, build and guide a team of writers through the project lifecycle.
• Partner with narrative design leadership to ensure the plot and key narrative beats are executed properly based on the overall game direction.
• Collaborate with the project directors and narrative team on managing/recording VO sessions and casting VO/performance actors.
• Work with the project directors, leads and producers to support interdisciplinary collaboration across art, animation, design, audio, programming, and user research to reach project goals.
• Coordinate with the gameplay and other narrative leads to ensure a balanced cohesion of story and gameplay.
• Maintain a studio environment and team culture that supports a quality focused experience.
• Contribute to studio and team building efforts including team training/development, recruiting, community outreach, and industry networking.
• Assist in ancillary project needs, such as writing for further franchise development, marketing, and other promotional pieces.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a professional writing role including multiple published works or shipped games.
• Shipped at least 1 AAA game title in a Lead or Senior writing role.
• Experience working through all phases of writing within AAA game development.
• Knowledge of contemporary gameplay and narrative design, with an understanding of different narrative systems/delivery mechanisms.
• Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback.
• Strong collaboration, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
• • Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
• Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
• Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
• Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
• Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
• Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw282g-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.