Sr Engine / Pipeline Programmer
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You're into making everyone else's life better. You're into tools. You spend your time thinking about workflow improvements and slick user interfaces and optimizations that will decrease iteration times.
You're talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout!
• Build, refine, and support Maya plugins and data pipeline to facilitate content iteration.
• Maintain open dialogues with customers, inviting feedback, looking for areas of improvement.
• Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
• Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions.
• Profile and optimize systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance.
• Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
• Partner with leads and directors to meet visual and technical standards.
• Help optimize by educating team members as well as driving profiling automation and workflows.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years of professional programming experience.
• Expertise in C/C++ and Python required, PySide and MEL desirable.
• Solid understanding of 3D math.
• Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design.
• Extensive knowledge of 3D authoring packages (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max) and CG.
• Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability.
• Enthusiasm and initiative.
• Excellent spoken and written communication.
• Good collaborator within a large, diverse team.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.