Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Live Services
Los Angeles, CA
As one of the leaders within the gaming industry, PlayStation Studios is focused on how we approach Games-as-a-Service as a part of our strategic outlook for the future. As the Director of Live Services, you will be a senior member and influential driver of this initiative, not only assisting in the creation of the overall strategy but in its execution as well!
As Director, you will manage the design and execution of operational processes that result in high-quality, live services games with robust content plans. Additionally, you will collaborate across and unify multidisciplinary teams as a critical driver in ensuring consistent live service delivery resulting in the best possible player experience. Reporting to the Senior Director of External Development, you will actively partner with global business units and key stakeholders to help define our live service strategy, products, and offerings.
• Lead the coordination of live service product strategy, optimizing plans in order to drive growth and user engagement, deliver on commercial targets and ensure continuous delivery against product goals.
• Educate partners on live service core competencies, requirements, and standard methodologies.
• Work with the Analytics and Consumer Insights teams to provide reporting and data-informed insight to ensure we are identifying the right things that enhance the player experience.
• Coordinate with Managing Producers to supervise and guide activities for both internal and external development resources; advocate for features and process improvements to improve the player experience.
• Coordinate with Brand, Customer Support, and Production teams, as well as external partners to bridge product development and publishing so that live service knowledge is shared and supported.
• Collaborate closely with global partners to understand dependencies, support coordination and lead expectations.
• Gain and maintain strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, emerging/ground-breaking technologies, and advancement in digital, social, mobile executions across all industries.
• Responsible for contributing to all phases of the production and development process for multiple XDEV products, guiding teams to a successful launch of product.
• Analyze and anticipate project risk and drive mitigation strategies that help remove barriers to timely and cost-effective project completion.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of project management or product development with demonstrated ability shipping successful projects in a AAA studio with live video game content.
• Comfortable communicating and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise to all levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints.
• Prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively.
• Must have outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills to handle sophisticated situations and recommended solutions.
• Proactive self-starter, but also a team player. Ability to listen to and understand various viewpoints and help guide diverse global workgroups to common solutions.
• Bias towards data-informed decision-making.
• Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing games.
• Fluency in Japanese.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj6pye-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.