Gameplay Design Director
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Are you the type of gamer who notices every detail?
Working as a Collision Modeler you have the responsibility to provide the player with a smooth and free-flowing journey, as they explore incredible worlds. Your diligence to the mission will help maintain immersion and enable every player to be a hero.
• Create basic collision for early-in-production, designer created environments.
• Craft detailed collision for the high-poly environments, created by the Env Art team.
• Ensure that all collision allows for frictionless character movement and precise interactions.
• Balance the need to be meticulous with ensuring the game remains performant.
• Communicate status and intent across the Level Design & Environment Art teams.
• Collaborate with the Collision team and Production to ensure there is full coverage on tasks and that collision best practices are being adhered to.
• Proficient in the use of Maya.
• Meticulous and detail-oriented – you know that getting the small things right matters!
• A proactive, self-motivated, and disciplined approach to work.
• Excellent communications and collaboration skills.
• Experienced gamer who understands the effect that good/bad collision can have on games.
• Full development cycle experience for at least 1 published triple-A title.
• Experience in level design or environmental art modelling.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.