IT Support Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Associate Producer, External Development
San Mateo, CA
The Associate Producer, External Development position works with external development partners to support the development and successful publishing of product for global release. This individual will handle aspects of the day-to-day development of certain external projects while scheduling and coordinating with internal resources to best support the initiatives of our development partners and our products. This person will also facilitate active partnerships with senior producers, creative leads, and key partners across in regards to those products. This individual works to improve quality and efficiency for SIE and PlayStation Studios partners, and will, where possible, be directly involved in review and feedback cycles for products. This position will report to the Sr. Managing Producer, XDEV.
• Responsible for specific phases or portions of product development from design through final approval.
• Apply working understanding of Product Development needs to improve creative relationships, guide the development of new technologies, and track progress.
• Support development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget.
• Break down large or sophisticated tasks into substantial subtasks.
• Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact of creative initiatives on the project.
• Identify all groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project, and involving them – actively solicit their input and follow up through execution.
• Hold regular meetings with the project teams and individuals to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
• Partner with senior members of the team to ensure a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes.
• Identify, secure and enhance relationships with global development teams, cross-regional partners, and RHQ business units in the achievement of project objectives.
• Contribute to XDEV project budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making, and supervise and communicate results to global stakeholders.
• Build and maintain project documentation in order to facilitate global projects and ensure successful completion and communication.
• Evangelize XDEV awareness and standard methodologies with global development teams and cross-regional partners.
• Participate in planning, marketing, promotion and public relations strategies for products and give input or assist when vital in the development of marketing and related assets/materials to promote the product.
• Chip in on current and future departmental needs by participating in strategy and process planning with senior management.
• At least 3 years experience in project management, product development in the entertainment industry or related field.
• Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints.
• Prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and optimally.
• Must have outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills in handling complex situations with the ability to negotiate and recommend solutions.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook or equivalent E-mail client, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer or equivalent Web Browser required. Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Visio a plus.
• Project management or product development experience in entertainment or videogame industry required.
• Candidates must be proactive and willing to take direction.
• At least 5 years project management, product development or equivalent / related proven experience.
• Bachelor's Degree (4-year college), an advanced degree or professional certification requiring formal training.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.