Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members' work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.
What You'll Do
The Program Coordinator provides overall governance administrative and event support for Los Angeles Local as a whole. Working in a fast-paced, complex, confidential environment, responsibilities include coordination and administration of LA Local board and committee logistics, member interface, aiding other departments as needed, support of activities, programs and events, records management, and general clerical support.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Maintain multiple local calendars and coordinate internal and external meetings (notifications, catering, logistics, details, RSVPs, etc.)
• Coordinate all aspects of the LA Local Board and LA Local committee and subcommittee meetings for which LA Local staff serve as liaisons.
• Maintain master records for all LA Local Committees and Subcommittees.
• Support Los Angeles Local operations and other departments as required.
• Assist and support Los Angeles Local President as required.
• Multi-line departmental phone coverage and maintenance of multiple mailboxes.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You'll Need
We want to make sure you're successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Exceptional phone skills.
• Sincere interest and desire to work for a member-driven labor organization, while understanding the challenges and nuances of working with varying
• Ability to anticipate needs and work in a fast-paced, complex, ever-changing environment as well as simultaneously handling multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
• Outstanding writing, proofreading and editing skills.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Expert interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written; consultative skills to gain the respect and trust from staff and leadership alike in building impactful solutions.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; able to develop creative solutions.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• College degree and a minimum of three to five years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Manager, or relevant comparable experience.
• Experience in the labor movement, non-profit or entertainment sector preferred.
• Experience in non-profit governance or event coordination preferred.
What You'll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81p1k-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.