Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Your New Role...
We are looking for a Senior AI Programmer to make an impact on our latest AAA title – Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League as we enter the next phase of this huge and exciting project.
In this role you will have the opportunity to apply a range of techniques to create artificial behaviour and enhance gameplay. You will be joining a passionate and friendly team of Game AI experts, where you will get the chance to work with bleeding-edge Game AI tech, and tackle many complex and nuanced challenges.
As part of the team, we will invite you to take ownership of your assignments and work with you to create opportunities for you to grow your skill-set. Longer term you will also be encouraged to research and develop new ideas on the frontier of the field in order to effectively support the wider Gameplay team with your Game AI specific expertise, bridging the gap between the AI team and the other disciplines at Rocksteady.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Implementing AI features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish
• Writing clean, robust and testable code to drive features
• Planning and communicating the value of your chosen solutions
• Identifying technical requirements and communicating dependencies
• Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure proposed AI features are achievable with the resources at our disposal
• Providing and responding to feedback to feed iteration on behaviours to drive quality
• Contributing to the growth and advancement of the AI team while delivering value reliably
Qualifications & Experience…
• An advanced understanding of C/C++ (other languages and platforms are a bonus)
• Demonstrable experience in Ai behaviour development. i.e. demo or shipped features
• Demonstrable knowledge in behaviour trees, state machines, utility systems and pathfinding
• Passion for the field of Game AI and related techniques: i.e. behaviour modelling, automated planning, world state representation, etc.
• Familiarity with some different development styles, such as Lean & Agile, and knowing when to apply them
• A critical eye for what makes good (or bad) gameplay
• Unreal Engine experience an advantage
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2mkj-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.