Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Your New Role…
Rocksteady is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join our dedicated and collaborative team working on our upcoming title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League .
You will lead the Concept Art team to create high quality and inspiring pieces of concept art, while being hands-on yourself. Working closely with the Art Director, and wider project stakeholders, you will be translating high level project aims into compelling and visually striking imagery that will inform the whole game development.
This role will be expected to work in a hybrid pattern, with some time in the week spent onsite in our London studio.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Lead the Concept Art team to produce world class results, by setting the example, emphasizing Project & Company goals and provide regular feedback on performance
• Delegate and maintain an equitable workload across the team, communicating with Project Leadership and stakeholders on deliverables
• Build and maintain close working relations with the Art Leads and
overall Art department, to stay close to project vision, workflow changes and high-level Art Direction
• Provide solutions to conflicting ideas between visual direction, with studies to explore the merits of different approaches – to help define the project's visual identity
• Create opportunities for the Concept Artists to expand their skillset and knowledge, understanding their career vectors and developing growth pathways for them
Qualifications & Experience…
• Experience designing original concepts (Environment, Characters, Props) that fit within the project style guide, ideally within an AAA Game production
• Evidence of producing a variety of art assets – through different techniques and artistic direction – whilst maintaining a consistent level of high quality
• Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and
other digital painting packages, and willing to learn new tools and techniques
• Demonstrable experience visualising complex environments and scenes, through the use of basic components to iterate quickly
• Understanding of 3D creation tools and workflows, especially within Games development.
• Passionate in creating and playing games
• Passion for DC Comics, pop culture and knowledge of the superhero genre a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2ox3-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.