Marketing Creative Director - Wwp
Los Angeles, CA
As the Visual Story Development Artist II, your role is to provide art direction and story development through illustration alongside a diverse creative team to make multimedia content. You support your team through advocating for artistic quality and collaboration on the Marketing teams' largest Franchise brand moments.
• Provide high-quality illustrated work for production that support the creative strategy
• Develop efficient art pipelines and tooling
• Provide story and art feedback to our developers to maintain quality and consistency throughout the campaign
• Help establish art style, tone and tactics for multiple features of a campaign
• 3+ years of experience working as an IC in publishing or animation related industry with some experience providing art direction and mentorship across a versatile team
• Good knowledge of Illustration, concept / design, storytelling, animation with understanding of the creative development process
• Showcase ability to paint or draw in multiple art styles
• Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
• For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Knowledge of League of Legends IP
• Experience at effectively communicating about projects and workflow
• Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
• Experience in areas such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
• User experience as it relates to web, mobile, television, and film development
• Creative direction and campaign strategic development
• Creative Tools such as Photoshop, ZBrush, Clip Studio Pro, Blender, Storyboard Pro, Maya, any other 3D / 2D software, adobe creative suite or video production tools
• Active member of your craft community
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oe2m-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.