Information Designers create intuitive user experiences and artifacts. They consider the ''whole'' and work with teams to understand what the user needs, who will use it, and how they will use it. They ask questions about the message, audience, and ultimate goal when solving for a communication challenge.
As an Information Designer, you will interview users and conduct research that allows you to develop presentations, journey maps, run books, data visualization, and other assets that not only present a clear message but tell a compelling story. You can run a project from start to finish, seek feedback, and understand how to manage timelines. You understand the importance of established templates, but know sometimes it's better to color outside the lines.
You will report to the Manager of Information Design Systems.
• Conduct user interviews across multiple teams and organizations, recording data and insights in an understandable manner to be relayed back to a larger audience
• Map current user journeys across multiple teams and identify data supported pain points
• Propose ideal user journey and steps needed to accomplish the project vision
• Evaluate processes, documents, and user interviews from multiple teams to identify gaps (ie, gap analysis) and create a single source of truth
• Work across teams to develop presentations, journey and process maps, and run books as tied to the user journeys and larger project goals
• Propose and implement assets that are human readable and accessible to meet the user needs
• Take complex projects, ask the right questions to ensure that requirements are understood and scoped. Create a roadmap for execution.
• An awareness of maintaining thematic cohesion with other Riot assets
• Use skills across documentation design, design thinking, and graphic design to meet the needs and direction of the project
• 6+ years of professional experience within design
• Experience working in Documentation Design or Information Design
• Experience independently working across teams and with leadership in a large corporation
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides/Sheets/Forms
• Can discover and understand the use cases, needs, burning questions, and pain points of the customer and audience
• Experience working in Documentation Design or Information Design for a tech or gaming company
• Proficient in Figma
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbvw6-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.