Visual Design Artist - Valorant
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Visual Designers want to create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers work with teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer II on the Consumer Products team, you will report to and work in partnership with the Art Director. You will also work with 2D/3D artists to help shape the art style for our consumer products, marketing, and apparel lines. Your craft expertise will bring our iconic characters to players IRL.
• Create engaging marketing assets and implement them across web, mobile and social platforms
• Build design documents such as style guides and design pattern libraries that encourage a high-quality, visual aesthetic
• Help with photoshoots, photo editing, and image compositing
• Ensure thematic cohesion between consumer products and other Riot art assets
• Implement standardized art practices for the visual design discipline
• 3+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer working on consumer products, branding, or marketing
• Experience taking work from ideation to final shippable product
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, UI/UX, packaging, or apparel design
• Experience working directly with manufacturing vendors and preparing files for print
• Knowledge of Figma and Photoshop compositing
• Professional experience in the entertainment industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkknk-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.