Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on VALORANT you will develop and execute visuals to support new content and products in and around the game, with a focus on implementing UI assets. You will collaborate with Producers, Artists, Designers and Engineers across the product. You will report into the Manager of Visual Design Art.
• Work closely with other Visual Designers and engineers to learn workflow processes within the Unreal Engine
• Work closely and cross-disciplinary with Feature teams to create and implement 2D assets
• Able to identify and solve issues impacting the quality of work
• Review your work and prioritize changes
• Possess a growth mindset, seeking mentorship from the discipline artists and community
• Craft visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show an understanding of readability, hierarchy, and player behavior patterns
• 2+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer or equivalent education
• Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Demonstrated design fundamentals (layout, composition, grids, typography, etc.)
• Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
• Hands-on experience contributing to a feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
• Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
• Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
• Familiarity with Perforce
• Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling is a plus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22ye2-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.