Riot Visual Designers create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systems design, interactivity, layout, typography, and color theory. Visual Designers collaborate with other disciplines and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
The role of Visual Designer on Teamfight Tactics oversees the creation of in-game UI experiences and new content types. You will report to a Lead Visual Designer while bringing life to UI on PC and mobile. Working within established style and brand, managing assets, and iconography are important. This also involves maintaining source libraries, and working with diverse teams to have assets implemented within technical standards.
• Work with a team of artists UX designers, and engineers to create experiences for the out-of-game PC and mobile client
• Work with external vendors during production, ensuring style and quality bars are met
• Collaborate with Motion Graphics to bring UI elements to life
• Develop solutions for TFT's UI with an understanding of systems design, style usage, and layout
• Plan out work and set expectations for development
• Create vector artwork, iconography, and export rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized for the game engine
• Maintain source files and manage Libraries for future development
• Bring designs from idea to implementation and push for improvements to workflow
• 3+ years of industry experience working with interactive digital art
• BA or training in art fundamentals
• Strong sense of composition, color, value and 2D art fundamentals
• Understanding of source file library management
• Manage multiple work streams and keep track of their status
• Experience with Photoshop, layer comps, blending modes
• Experience designing player flows for cross-platform experiences (PC and Mobile)
• Experience in Figma
• Knowledge of League of Legends / Teamfight Tactics IP and style
• Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $113,300.00 - $158,700.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25bb7-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.