Visual Designer - Entertainment, Consumer Products
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
The role of Visual Design / UI Artist is responsible for the ideation and development of out-of-game UI experiences for League of Legends PC Client. As the Visual Designer on a largely product centered team, responsibilities will cover working with UX designers, product and engineers to bring interactive experiences to Client. Working within the League of Legends style and brand, you will be managing how players interact with game content and illustrated assets through features such as collections, store, and other meta-game systems. Your daily work will involve Figma library development, pitching ideas, and working with engineers on implementation.
• A strong understanding of systems design, UI style, layout, and 2D fundamentals
• Close collaboration with UX, product and motion graphics to develop experiences in the League Client
• Plan out work and set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to implementation in-game
• Create vector artwork, iconography, and export rasterized assets that are high quality and optimized for the game
• Maintain source work and manage Libraries for future development
• 3+ years of industry experience working with digital art
• BA or training in art fundamentals
• Experience in software development focused on systems and interaction design
• Ability to manage a large number of assets and keep track of their status
• Experience with Photoshop, layer comps, blending modes, and layer organization
• Skill in creating specifications and documentation for technical implementation
• Experienced with Figma library development and management of components
• Ability to produce Matte Illustrations and compositions using sourced artwork, 3D captures, and 2D mastering techniques
For this role, you'll find success through having an ownership mentality, a collaborative spirit, and a passion that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.