The Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events and regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week.
As our Vice President, Global Esports Operations, you will work closely with our senior product leaders and the Global Head of Esports to develop strategies to meet Riot's ambitious esports goals and with regional and functional leaders to ensure that strategy is executed with operational excellence around the globe. You will be responsible for providing management, guidance and mentorship to a diverse, global team, developing new processes and approaches to work as we launch and scale the biggest and most innovative sport products for our fans, and uphold financial rigor to ensure we are creating sustainable business practices that support the ecosystems we build.
• Strategy- Integrates and operationalizes product strategy and vision from Product Leads and regional priorities from Territory Leads to ensure development of holistic, global, esports strategy
• Sets financial and operational performance metrics and targets and identifies required major investments
• Identifies cross-sport and cross-region synergies; Owns strategy and execution for multi-game events
• Defines strategic priorities, translating product vision to measurable milestones and deliverables for esports in partnership with Global Head of Esports
• Manages tracking of esports data; ensures insights are shared across the organization
• Owns implementation of global strategies in territories, territory capacity planning, and territory resourcing
• Directly manages Territory Leads and resolves territory-level issues
• Ensures territory initiatives and performance are aligned with global priorities; provides operational expertise
• Sets competitive operations standards and approves major regional operational changes
• Approves format changes, governance, major capital expenditures and resource allocation in regional leagues (e.g., opening a new league)
• Ensures leagues are economically sustainable and partnerships with teams are strong
• People- Executes develops and executes talent strategy in partnership with People leadership
• Partners in organizational design and workforce planning activities
• Execution, customization, and deployment of People programs (performance management, compensation cycles, etc.)
• Partners in identification of org health and engagement activities
• Finance- Develop recommended financial strategy for esports, responsible for execution and measurement of strategy
• Drives annual planning exercises, portfolios reviews, etc.
• Accountable for ''shadow P&Ls'' of the territories/regions
• Prior executive-level experience; 10+ years experience in operational leadership roles within media or analogous industries
• Experience preparing and executing strategic planning within an organization; track record of developing financial goals and OKRs implementing a system for tracking performance
• Proven experience with global/regional operations and management; experience in central support role preferred
• Experience managing complex, multi-function teams and organizational administration; including experience in the management of distributed teams
• Track record of implementing management systems and leading organizational transformation projects and program development
• P+L ownership/management experience with a focus on resource allocation and financial analysis
• Specialized knowledge/skills
• Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated ability to develop and execute on strategic initiatives and work with diverse stakeholders
• Ability to develop teams and leaders in the areas this role oversees (insights/data, business operations, league operations)
• Ability to lead and collaborate under pressure within a startup-like environment
• Outstanding relationship-building and communication skills – both written and verbal
• Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
• Executive experience in esports, gaming, and/or traditional sports strongly preferred
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zb03-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.