UX Designer III - VALORANT (Modes / Competitive)
As a UX Designer III on VALORANT, you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. Your work will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to continue to improve the VALORANT player experience.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (Find out more info on VALORANT). As a User Experience Designer on the team, you will be trusted to design solutions that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with Lead Designers, and your cross discipline teams, to produce strong UX flows through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts. You will report to the Senior UX Manager.
• Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flows.
• Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
• Communicate ideas and collaborate across teams to create designs in-game.
• Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept.
• Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players.
• Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members.
• Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
• 5-7 years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
• Experience with Figma for design library management and prototyping, experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience with Unreal Engine
We will review your work as part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxyj2-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.