Senior Concept Artist - Gameplay
Los Angeles, CA
As a User Experience Designer, you'll create the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
As a member of the R&D team you will be trusted to develop UI/UX designs that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with Lead Design to produce strong UX flows via interesting and intuitive control schemes and screen layouts. R&D is highly collaborative, imaginative, and analytical! You will want to stay creatively limber and flexible as the project moves forward through development. With your help we will realize the full potential of our gameplay and afford players the best experience our project has to offer.
• Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flow.
• Build wireframes and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
• Communicate ideas and collaborate across teams to create designs in-game.
• Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering support) to show proof of concept.
• Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
• Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to team members
• Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
• 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer for AAA titles (Mobile/VR/Console)
• A minimum of 1 year experience with Unreal Engine
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
• 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer in Mobile or PC GAAS industry
• A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.