Senior Director, Production, Operations
Los Angeles, CA
Translator - Wild Rift (Mandarin Fluency, 12-mo Contract)
As a Translator for League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will report into Wild Rift's Engineering Lead. You will translate documents from English to Mandarin, and vice versa. You will partner closely with the game development team and will ensure materials are treated with the highest sensitivity to confidentiality. You will use your bilingual fluency (Mandarin and English) to enhance communication. You will also apply your understanding of engineering and gaming concepts to translate relevant terminology.
This role is a 12-month contract. There may be some traveling and verbal interpretation involved; however, the core responsibility will be translation of documents and helping team members clarify any written concepts shared in English or Mandarin.
• Verbal Translation - Partner with several different small teams and non-Riot partners, with varying fluency in English and Mandarin, ensuring clarification is reached.
• Written Translation - Ensure translation is readable and understandable, while not losing any major concepts or important details.
• Grammar, spelling, and writing skills are important to convey the core of any translated messages.
• Information Organization - Organize information and find ways to structure multiple pieces of information.
• Team Collaboration - Ensure you are working collaboratively with all members of the team - both within Riot and with non-Riot partners.
• Cultural Sensitivity - Enhance understanding of both Chinese and American business practices to influence any team communications.
• Bilingual Fluency in Mandarin and English. Experience translating both verbally and through documentation.
• 1+ year Translation experience with knowledge of terminology management and CAT tools
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.