Senior VFX Artist - Tft, Gameplay
Los Angeles, CA
Technical Artist (Tools & Pipeline) - League of Legends
The mission of Technical Art on League of Legends is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools and Pipeline Technical Artist on the Workflow Foundations team, you'll focus on helping to build the tools and tech used for content development on League of Legends. This will involve building pipelines and workflows for DCC (Digital Content Creation) software, working with engineering in the design of our in-house tools, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges we face.
• Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Character Art, Animation, Environment Art, and VFX with oversight from mentors
• Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary
• Build close relationships with the artists and engineers you work alongside with to better understand their needs and collaborate on tools and pipeline development
• Troubleshoot production issues with tools and art creation workflows
• Work samples or demo reel highlighting projects relevant to listed responsibilities
• 2+ years experience in technical art or related fields
• Demonstrated experience with content creation and tool development in DCC tools, particularly Maya and Photoshop
• Fluency in modern scripting languages and related UI frameworks, such as Python & PyQt/PySide
• Experience in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
• Experience with UI/UX design and front end development (especially Qt/PyQt)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyj7m-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.