Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was setup and is dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That's where you come in!
As Asia Tax Manager, you will be a member of the Asia Tax team, report to Director, Tax & External Affairs and work in Riot China (Shanghai) office. You will be responsible for 50% for SEA, 30% for China and 20% for Korea.
In SEA region, you will:
• Work with SEA and Central team to collect information, analyze data and work with external consultant to prepare tax compliance filing returns, local file and IRAS queries;
• Assist with Team lead to conduct SEA expansion tax study, i.e. remote work in/ after COVID-19 pandemic period, new office location study, tax preferential holiday study, tax implication for new publishing model;
• Proactively monitor digital tax update in major SEA countries (i.e. Thailand, Indonesia), assist to prepare risk assessment and develop implementation plan with the instruction of Team Lead;
• Support PCS E-sports ecosystem development and new game publishing business model (Riot Go)
• Be involved in other ad hoc consulting in SEA region.
In China, we expect you to support Asia Tax Head and Team Lead to:
• Work with internal and external parties to handle tax compliance work and daily query from tax authority;
• Analyze and assist to plan TP arrangements for China Studio, Riot China and VIE entity under the instruction of Team Lead; and
• Apply financial subsidy and regional headquarter for existing China entities.
In other Asia regions, you will mainly assist with Team Lead to review tax returns and conduct research for various ad hoc consulting topics, i.e. Japan mobile publishing matters, Korea TP controversy, Korea local E-sports arrangements.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0we56-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.