Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Systems Engineer (Game Operation) - Wild Rift, TechOps (Contractor)
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
As Systems Engineers at Riot, we work on game operations - deploying, managing, and proactively improving high performing and highly available services for players. We monitor and administer as necessary all game environments, most importantly the production game environment. We work closely with the Live Operations and NOC teams to understand the state of our games and take swift action to correct any and all problems, faults, and outages.
As a Systems Engineer (Game Operation) - Wild Rift, TechOps (Contractor) you will use your deep technical knowledge and passion to achieve that excellence. Our players are depending on you to provide an uninterrupted game experience. Additionally, you will work with other technical and nontechnical teams, both inside and outside of Riot, to make Wild Rift and its supporting teams operate at peak performance. You will report into the Head of Technical Operations for Wild Rift.
• Ensure that Wild Rift is up and operating as expected through system monitoring and forming close relationships with other teams
• Quickly correct any system faults or failures that are affecting players
• Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep the game operating effectively
• Work independently on mission-critical extended-scoped projects
• Ensure that system, service, and network capacity is sufficient to support current and expected demand
• Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform that maintenance
• Create tools to optimize operational tasks
• 2 years
of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including building, deploying, securing, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale
• Experience with Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms
• Experience with building and troubleshooting networks
• Operational understanding of database systems including querying and migrating databases
• Experience with cloud infrastructure and application security including identifying security problems and addressing potential threats
• Ability to write software especially tools to aid in supporting systems
• Experience supporting game infrastructure
• Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
• Mandarin Language Skills a major plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Employment type: employment contract with FESCO Adecco, a professional personnel company in China
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46y17-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.