As a Supervisor, Art Outsourcing, you will report to the Senior Manager, Production and help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure sustainable production without compromising quality. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will strive to make the outsourcing experience truly excellent and engaging for all parties involved.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!) As a Supervisor, Art Outsourcing on the VALORANT team, you will play an essential part in managing the work and relationship with multiple art vendors. You will cultivate positive working relationships with our vendors. You'll travel to various places around the world to work with extraordinary talent.
We have multiple domestic and international vendors. We want to foster positive relationships between Riot and the external teams we work with. You'll communicate Riot's vision and feedback to those vendors and serve as the voice for those teams. You will be the bridge between internal and external development. While we embrace technology to communicate, we also value spending time together and this role will require you to travel internationally to vendor sites.
• Internal pipelines - Learn the different internal team quality bars, processes and adapt outsourcing best practices for smooth integration.
• External Workflows - You will handle the workflow of all outsourced tasks. This will include organizing and leading all daily rituals, gathering all submissions by vendors, and presenting those submissions to the team for feedback. Once feedback is gathered you will clean it up and provide it to the vendors in a clear and understandable way.
• Administration - You will manage contracts for existing and new vendors and reviewing and approving timecards/invoices.
• Onboarding - Vendors will be onboarded according to Riot's best practices for vendor certification, engine setup, invoicing.
• Art quality maintenance support - You will use your art background in fixing issues, ensuring consistent quality across outsourced content and providing asset and integration support.
• Adapt to team art styles - Partner with Outsource Managers to understand and internalize their team's art style and requirements, eventually being able to guide vendors on meeting them autonomously.
• External partner development - You will provide clear feedback and support with the intention to develop vendor capabilities during continued engagements. Showing not just the what, but also the why in the feedback. Vendors improve over time and achieve autonomy, requiring less feedback to hit our quality targets.
• Internal partnerships - You will establish healthy working agreements with artists and art leads to agree on requirements for communication, interaction, education and feedback to develop the ability to direct external efforts.
• Problem Solving - You will remove roadblocks that hinder partner progress and keep track of recurring issues and develop a systemic solution.
• Documentation - Assist art/discipline leads in the creation of any required process documentation and style guides. Manage documentation for easy access.
• Vendor Management - If we need to engage new vendors, you will make initial contact with those new vendors and set up art trials. Vendors will have proper documentation, kick offs and guidance throughout engagements with a clear understanding of expectations.
• Asset Management - You will make sure our art assets are cleanWe'd like you to make sure our art assets to be clean, organized and defined correctly so we can access them easily.
• Business relationship - Support managers in maintaining long term, mutually beneficial relationships with select vendors that provide Valorant with stable resourcing.
Build an outsource positive culture
• Partner with Content Area Producer and Outsource Managers on internal team education on outsourcing best practices, benefits of external development and build advocacy and support for expansion of project-wide outsourcing.
• Foster mutually respectful relationships and work culture between all teams for long term engagement.
Contribute to the growth of team craft and capabilities
• Promote knowledge sharing around craft and outsourcing best practices.
• Advocate for direct reports ensuring appropriate level of recognition is given for their direct reports accomplishments.
• Knowledgeable of how all teams work and can proactively identify potential staffing gaps and escalate needs before bottlenecks arise.
• Drive and/or manage team organizational structural and staffing changes
• 2+ years of professional experience handling several art vendors concurrently, or professional experience working with multiple partners.
• Strong speaking skills and ability to talk to technical staff, artists, and business leaders.
• Professional experience working on asset management and maintaining asset pipelines.
• 3+ years of professional experience in the games industry
• Professional experience creating and integrating art in a production environment.
• Professional experience working with an outsourcing team and process.
• Positive history of developing vendor relationships on a production title.
• Have shipped at least 1 title in a production, art or outsourcing role.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qw9x-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.