As a Strategic Finance II, you'll report to an Associate Director, Strategic Finance within Worldwide Publishing (WWP). Your team works with senior publishing, marketing, and live operations leadership on all topics related to budget and finance. You will work with your team and your partners to build strategic and financial plans; report and advise on budgets and resource allocation; and develop improvements to financial processes to ensure better decision making. Your financial craft expertise, coupled with a player-value orientation will help you increase the performance of an outstanding Publishing organization.
Process Management and Financial Operations
• Build complex financial models to understand and report World Wide Publishing's financial performance
• Improve budgetary tracking systems
• Partner with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting, and Purchasing functions to service the needs of the World Wide Publishing organization and Riot as a whole
Operational Strategy and Strategic Planning
• Aid in the development of financial frameworks that guide senior publishing and live operations leadership thinking through complex or ambiguous resource allocation problems
• Work with teams to improve financial and operational processes
• Help prepare and manage forecasts and strategic plans for the World Wide Publishing organization
• Create communication materials such as models, presentations, and other forms of written documentation, tailored to the right audience level (e.g. management seniority, area of expertise)
• Assist and guide ad hoc analysis and projects as directed by leadership
• 2+ years experience in a management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or corporate finance role
• Experience managing analysis of complex or ambiguous problem spaces spanning multiple organizations
• Knowledge of financial systems for reporting
• Experience working in one or more of the following topics relevant to WWP:
• Organizational structure or operating model design
• FP&A or Financial Operations
• International market strategy and operations
• Gaming or Entertainment Strategy
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Experience with Marketing organizations, from both strategic and financial perspectives
• International work experience working with partners of multiple cultures
• Familiarity with common business models across the gaming industry
• Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
• Knowledge of tools that can automate and simplify financial data analysis and visualization (examples include VBA, R, Alteryx, Tableau, or Looker)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2ney5-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.