As a Staff Technical Program Manager on the 1st Party Release Operations team, you will lead passionate, cross-functional teams to achieve player value through the planning and integration of 1st Party Best Practices and requirements into their products. The Central Compliance and Release team creates an unified compliance experience across Riot and in this role you will be key in creating and driving release process improvements that deliver industry defining games to our customers.
The Staff Technical Program Manager will establish and evolve workflows to set product teams up for success including, but not limited to: incorporating platform pillar best practices, overcoming obstacles, navigating cross-organizational and cross-product dependencies, and connecting with topical subject matter experts. You will work with engineers to achieve highest technology quality against company strategies and collaborate with Publishing to develop best practices to maximize the marketing potential of titles, while tracking and presenting outcomes and ongoing recommendations across Riot teams. A strategic thinker with project management skills and passion to drive deliverables towards regulatory and contractual guidelines, you will report to the Manager, Production on the Central Compliance and Release team.
• Develop and maintain relationships externally with 1st Party Platform Partners (e.g. Sony, Apple, etc.) and internal technical/game teams
• Drive discussions to integrate platform technical, legal, and business compliance (SDK/APIs, parity, etc) across workstreams
• Lead multiple cross-functional teams to define technical strategy and integrate requirements against dependencies, risk factors, and success criteria.
• Investigate technical issues and deliver solutions towards 1st party standards, technical opportunities, and best practices
• Decompose requirements into technical execution plans for products to successfully launch and continually update on 1st party platforms
• Provide actionable insights to shape product and player big bets, and drive impactful collaboration with cross-functional teams (eg: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Payments etc) to grow Riot's catalog
• Work with Publishing and Legal to review contract language and clearly disseminate obligations contained within each contract
• Plan and oversee technical brainstorm sessions between Riot and 1st Party Partner tech leads to resolve tech-related inquiries and develop new features
• A minimum of 5 years experience managing technical programs and/or accounts
• Deep understanding of game development lifecycle and processes, gaming ecosystems or gaming platforms, technologies, and 1st party processes
• Experience working with Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Apple and/or Google
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and navigating ambiguity
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects
• Strong business acumen with a customer obsessed and human-centric mindset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate business impact and technical constraints tailored to any audience
• Collaborative work style with ability to develop productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and external partners
• Understanding technical components of projects including architecture, tools and deployment practices that development teams employ
• A desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, submissions teams, and developers to deliver high-impact solutions.
• Familiarity with TRC, XR, Lotcheck guidelines and 1st party toolsets
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and project management software such as JIRA, Trello, Airtable, etc
• Creation of product release and go-to-market plans
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $155,600.00 - $217,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
• (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $155,600.00 - $217,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7o9bk-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.