Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in multiple broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Mobile Experience team, you'll help Riot bring an amazing mobile companion experience to our players. This team creates player experiences that break the barriers that exist between our in-game and out-of-game experiences for Riot players. You will create an amazing application experience for mobile platforms. You will keep the player experience in mind as you develop software architecture and applications. You will ensure players can stay connected with Riot Games.
You'll embrace the values of the team by swarming on the highest value work, striving to collect and analyze data to make decisions, and working cross-discipline to establish the best possible experiences for players. You will eagerly dive into new areas of tech with the support of your teammates while reporting to the Engineering Manager for the Mobile Player Experience team in Player Platform.
• Build applications, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, conducting design and coding reviews
• Develop and establish technical guidelines for software developers either building mobile capabilities or integrating with mobile platforms and tools
• Develop architecture and solutions for mobile platforms such as Android and iOS using technologies like RxJava, Kotlin, Objective-C and internal C/C++ SDK's
• Look to improve methods by which the software is built and released
• BS in Computer Science or comparable experience in software development
• 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
• Experience shipping mobile applications to the following platforms: Android or iOS
• Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java/Kotlin, Objective-C/Swift
• Experience working with iOS or Android.
• Experience working with RxJava and Kotlin.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe9x6-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.